Tuesday 15 September 2009

This Is It – first look at Michael Jackson trailer

Michael Jackson fans have been given their first look at the trailer for This Is It, the movie featuring footage from his final days.



The film is a behind-the-scenes look at rehearsals for Jackson's London comeback shows, which were scheduled to take place this summer. He died on June 25, shortly before the run was due to commence at the O2 Arena.

The two-and-a-half minute clip shows Jackson performing his fabled dance moves. They appear to contradict reports that he was emaciated and suffering from exhaustion in the weeks before his death.

In the trailer, Jackson says of his comeback: "This is the moment. This is it. It's an adventure, it's a great adventure. We want to take them places that they have never been before."

The film will have a limited two-week release from October 28.

Kenny Ortega, the movie's director and choreographer of the shows, has described This Is It as "Michael's gift to his fans". He said: "Fans will see Michael as they have never seen him before: this great artist at work. It is raw, emotional, moving and powerful footage."

Sony paid a reported $60 million (£36.4 million) for rights to the film, which was stitched together from more than 100 hours of footage shot in Los Angeles between April and June.

The MTV Video Music Awards opened last night with a tribute to the late superstar, which featured a performance by his sister, Janet.

The Telegraph. Sep 15, 2009.

8 comments:

Bryan said...

After watching this clip of trailer, it is hard to admit that the King of Pop – Michael Jackson has passed away. His performances, his fabulous dancing will never be forgotten.

In my opinion, it is much better if this movie can show not only on cinemas, but also on televisions and internet, having a worldwide broadcast, just like Michael Jackson’s funeral memorial ceremony.

By doing so, the whole world, not only for those who buy tickets and watch in cinemas, can know more about him, so as to fulfil his dream, to share with everyone and let the legend be continued.

Altan=] said...

Hey folks,gd evening!
It's a great trailer!!!I am fans of MJ!!!When the new said that MJ has passed away,i felt sorrow very much..i think each fans of MJ also has this feeling.
Btw,if this trailer can watch in cinemas,i think many ppl will ready to pay money for enjoy this show and "the trend of MJ" will popular again in the futrue.

From 6ab1..

William Fu said...

Watching his performance is a still a shock to me as he looked so healthy and energetic. It's really a pity to see such a talented singer die so suddenly.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie said...

After watching the trailer,I still cannot believe that MJ has left us already. Although i am not his fans, when i watched the news on that day, it's really shocked to me. I am not really know much about him, but I still feel sorry about his death.

The film will be on air soon, but I think this is not the final way for us to think of him, his spirit will live in everyone's heart forever.

From Stephanie Ching
6AB1 (12)

tAt'' said...

hi,mr fu =] I like MJ very much when I was 15.When I am doing a summer job in library,I heard a news that MJ has just passed away,I was really shocked.What a nice and famous singer and dancer has passed away,I felt really miserable.And I also think that life is so simple,no one could know what time is your last day.

And on the other hand,I was wondering that how can you trace our OS and the web browser??

William Fu said...

Hi tAt,

Just click the figure at the bottom of the page, and there will be lots of information about the site there. BTW, which class are you from? And you are?

Mr. Fu

Tat said...

Oh!thx mr Fu
I'm 6ab1 cheung tat hong (9)

Cheung Ka Ming said...

Hi, Mr. Fu. I am Cheung Ka Ming from 6AB1. When I was watching the video, I thought of a very famous song called 'We are the world', which is written by Michael Jackson(the lyrics). After that, I sang this song in my heart.'We are the world, we are the children...'